Monday, February 10, 2020

Best Book of 2019

I read 63 books in 2019, 11 more than my target.  Yay me!  Most were good, some were ok.  Both book clubs kept me reading things I wouldn't normally.  However, there were only two that I'd give 5 stars to:

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles.  Long, but worth it.  Beautiful language, beautiful enough to make you cry.  Characters that live with you long after the book is over... ahhhhh.  Read it with one book club and have convinced the other one to give it a go.  Just go read it, you won't be sorry.

Meet Me at the Museum by Anne Youngson.  Short, quick read but the imagery will stick with you.  Like the above, these characters will continue to live in your mind and you will be thinking deep thoughts after.

In anticipation of Book 9 in the Outlander series (Go Tell the Bees That I am Gone) coming out sometime this year, I'm re-reading the series again.  Just finishing Drums of Autumn now...

No comments: